- In most of the cases, skin products you're using might be put to blame as most of these products contain skin-aggravating ingredients and are infused with strong fragrances.
- Use a light yet effective cleanser like this one that does not irritate the skin by making it excessively dry or oily.
- Do not use harsh exfoliants or a brush to exfoliate your skin. You might have clogged pores due to this skin condition but try using a gentler product like a face polish instead of harsh scrubs.
- Use a hydrating toner like this one which is packed with hydrating and rejuvenating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, EGCG, etc. and balances, heals and soothes for radiant, healthier looking skin.
- Use products that are loaded with antioxidants and hydrate your skin, making it look good and feel better. Try adding a lightweight serum like this one to your skincare regimen as it soothes the dry skin and balances out the excess oil secretion.
- Try using a mask like this one that is loaded with antioxidants, is gentle on your skin and does not suck the life out of it.
- Strictly avoid using products that contain sulphates, parabens, artificial fragrances and are not vegan.
What causes dehydrated skin and what can you do to get rid of it!Model Off Duty Beauty Team
Dehydrated skin, often used interchangeably with dry skin, is a skin condition where your skin feels dry but is covered by an oily layer. It is different than dry or combination skin as 'dehydrated' skin is a condition which does not persist. It comes and goes due to several reasons, one of which might be the kind of products you're using. In this condition, the skin becomes dry, feels stiff, secretes excess oil but might be accompanied by flaking. In some cases, you might also notice temporary redness or itching. Now that you know what dehydrated skin actually is, here are a few tips that might help you in treating this stubborn skin condition!