- AHAs and BHAs do not irritate your skin like most of the scrubs do. Scrubs contain abrasive ingredients which might leave tear marks on your skin while damaging it in the longer term. AHAs are comparitively gentle and mild on the skin.
- Scrubs are known to refine the outer surface of the skin for proper cleansing while AHA/BHA exfoliants remove thick, deeper dead skin cells to make it look hydrated, smoother and younger.
- Our skin's natural pH is acidic hence using an AHA/BHA exfoliant helps in getting better results for skin than a scrub. They're gentler and work in a more effective way.
- A leave-on AHA exfoliant is better than scrub as you can include it in your skincare routine and use other beneficial products along with it.
- A scrub might cause your skin to become flaky and dry but an AHA/BHA exfoliant would never do that. It removes the dead skin cells gently and helps in unclogging pores.
- An AHA/BHA exfoliator can be used even when your skin isn't really dry or dull. It would just improve the quality of your skin and make it look younger, softer and brighter.
- AHAs combined with other good ingredients like retinol, niacinamide, etc. can prevent your skin from aging and can even improve the appearance of aged/sun-damaged skin.
Here are a few products from Model Off Duty Beauty loaded with the goodness of AHAs you can consider adding to your skincare regimen.
Here is a wonderful non harsh scrub