Everyone is on their own unique skincare journey. Clearly, they have unique issues as well. That is precisely why everyone needs to incorporate different ingredients and products in their daily skincare. Imagine how effortlessly simple skincare would have been if just one product catered all our issues once and for all. We would never have to worry about the order of applications or how to combine them. But the truth is, one skincare product cannot be enough for taking proper care of the skin. That is mostly because everyone has a unique skin type and a unique range of skincare concerns.
All this at once may seem super intimidating at first. But once you know the effective way to apply your skincare products, you will be surprised how easy it can be. If you have never been sure how to begin an effective skincare routine, here is all you need to get started on a journey towards the best skin of your life.
All you need to know about effective skincare
To make your skincare routine immensely easy, we have enlisted all the essential steps you must always remember. You need these steps to save time and incredibly improve the results. A good skincare routine must be in the perfect order. Typically, you must follow one rule, start with the lightest-formula and end with the heaviest one. There are slight differences between your morning and night routines.
Morning Skincare Routine
- Cleanser: For your morning skincare, you must start by gently cleansing your face with a suitable cleanser that meets all your skincare demands.
- Toner: Your second step must be a gentle alcohol-free toner. If you have been skipping on this crucial, you have been missing out on a lot. A good toner can balance your skin’s natural pH.
- Exfoliate: Add a gentle exfoliator to help you get rid of all the dead skin cells. Remember to only exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Serum: After you have cleansed and toned, you must apply a suitable serum. Serums are highly-concentrated and nutrient-rich skincare products tailored to target one specific skin concern.
- Eye Cream: The area around your eye is prone to early signs of aging and darkening. That is why you must use an eye cream.
- Moisturizer and Sunscreen: A moisturizer is the heaviest product and that is why it is the last step of your morning skincare. A good moisturizer hydrates your skin without making your face greasy and shiny and locks the goodness of all the previous layers. Try and pick an SPF-infused moisturizer. If not, add a lightweight sunscreen for protection.
Night-time Skincare Routine
- Makeup Removal: The first step of your nightly skincare routine must be makeup removal. This simple step makes your entire routine much more effective. Make sure you gently remove your eye makeup as well. After that, it’s pretty much the same. First, you need to cleanse just like the morning routine, followed by the toner, exfoliator, serum, and then the eye cream.
- Face Oil: For your nightly routine, you can incorporate a face oil to equip your skin to battle the excess production of sebum at night. Since face oil is heavy, make sure to use it after you have cleansed, toned and exfoliated your face.
- Night Cream: The last step of the nightly routine should be a night cream. A night cream is richer and helps you to lock in all the previously applied products. Make sure you do not use an SPF-infused moisturizer at night.
Why are all the steps important?
Your skin simultaneously suffers from several skincare woes; ranging from concerns like acne, redness, excessive oiliness, dryness, wrinkles, blackheads, and uneven skin tone. A single product simply cannot address all these needs. But once you incorporate the perfect combination of products and apply them in the correct order; it is bound to deliver flawlessly beautiful skin.