- EGCG is an anti-androgenic compound and helps in reducing the amount of sebum while fighting off acne-causing bacteria.
- It helps in improving the skin elasticity and works on making the complexion more even which is why green tea is widely used in anti-aging products.
- EGCG also helps in fighting free radicals that damage the skin over time! It cleans off clogged pores and makes the skin more healthy and youthful.
- It also has great anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which is why it is often used in aggravated skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, etc.
- It penetrates deeper into the skin while nourishing it from the inside so that it looks healthy and fresh, always.
- EGCG is also very effective in fighting dark circles and age spots.
- It helps in maintaining the pH level of your skin and helps in improving the overall texture.
EGCG : The Antioxidant That Can Bring Your Skin Back To Life!Model Off Duty Beauty Team
Ever wondered about the sudden rise of green tea, matcha and coffee in skincare? Well, no doubt, they are among the 'best skincare ingredients' because they help in treating every skincare issue from dryness to pigmentation. Green tea contains a number of polyphenols and antioxidants that keep your skin healthy in the long term. There is one particular antioxidant, Epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG, which, being the powerhouse of this ingredient, is responsible for all the skincare benefits of green tea, coffee, etc. Now that you know the name, let's see what this powerful antioxidant can do for your skin!